HKD Energy aims to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and imported energy through community-owned renewable energy. We want our villages to become more energy efficient and to generate most of the electricity we need from renewable sources.
HKD Energy was formed by members of the HKD Transition group, which has been active in our area since 2008. For more information see www.hkdtransition.org.uk.
Community-owned renewable energy
Community-owned renewable energy projects provide financial returns to investors, as well as ‘social dividends’ to the community, including:
- Increased energy security
- Lower greenhouse gas emissions to tackle climate change
- Contribution to de-carbonising the national power sector
- Demonstration of the value of renewable energy projects
- Raised awareness of energy issues.
HKD Energy Ltd: a Community Benefit Society
HKD Energy is a Community Benefit Society, registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). A Community Benefit Society provides an opportunity for local people to contribute financially to the community with the expectation of both a social dividend and a financial return.